DIY Chinese Lantern Craft
Chinese latern craft is a perfect way to commemorate this coming “Year of the Sheep”. The lantern festival is one of the most prominent part of Chinese New Year festivities as it offically marks the end of new year celebrations.
Encourage the kids to make the lanterns their own!
What you’ll need:
• Construction paper
How to make it:
1. Use your ruler to measure and cut one inch off the short end of your paper. Set aside to use as the handle.
2. Fold your paper in half lengthwise.
3. Draw a line one inch from the end of the long edge of the paper opposite the folded edge. This will be the line where you stop cutting.
4. Measure and mark lines one inch apart starting at the folded edge and moving towards the “stop cutting” line. (see photo)
5. Cut on the marked lines up to the “stop cutting” line.
6. Unfold the paper.
7. Re-crease the paper in the opposite direction. This will hide any pencil marks.
8. Match the long edges together on the lantern and use tape to hold it in place.
9. Staple the handle to the top of the lantern
10. Add decorations as you like!